2018 Honda Metropolitan
Denim Blue Metallic
Honda's fuel economy estimates are based on EPA exhaust emission measurement test procedures and are intended for comparison purposes only. Your actual mileage will vary depending on how you ride, how you maintain your vehicle, weather, road conditions, tire pressure, installation of accessories, cargo, rider and passenger weight, and other factors.
Suggested Retail Price (SRP) excludes destination charge. Visit powersports.honda.com to view applicable destination charge amount.
Miles of Smiles.
Often it seems we live in a virtual world, where everything is just a mouse click or an app away. Still, sometimes you need to get analog self from one place to another, like school, work, the café or a friend’s house. And that’s where the Honda Metropolitan comes in. In a point-and-click world, you just point it where you want to go, click on your helmet, and before you know it you’re there—with no worries about traffic congestion, parking hassles, and high fuel prices. Plus, you’ll have a blast just getting around.
In fact, the worse traffic gets, the more the Metropolitan makes sense. Sure, it looks cute, but underneath that curvy bodywork, it’s pure Honda. With a liquid-cooled four-stroke engine, it offers the kind of reliability no other scooter in the class can touch. Ease of use? You get a no-shift automatic transmission—just turn the key. Press a button for the electric starter, and you’re on your way. Practical? Check out the lockable underseat storage space, perfect for grocery runs. But the real genius behind a Metropolitan isn’t the way it solves so many of your transportation problems. It’s how much you’re just going to love riding it.
Make A Style Statement: The Metropolitan just looks like it’s going to be fun, and it sure is. There’s something about its classic, curving scooter shape that’s both practical and inviting. Check out the handlebar-mounted headlight and instruments, and for 2018, two great new paint colors.
Fuel Injected, Fuel Economy! Under that classic scooter bodywork, the Metropolitan uses a 49cc liquid-cooled four-stroke engine with fuel injection. Smooth, powerful, super reliable and environmentally conscious, it also gets over 100 miles per gallon!**
It’s All About Solutions: The Metropolitan is one of the best urban errand-runners ever. There’s a convenience hook that holds totes and grocery bags, an inner rack that catches your water bottle or other small items, and a full 22 liters of secure under-seat storage that holds a helmet and more.
- V-Matic Automatic Transmission: The Metropolitan’s multi-speed automatic transmission means no shifting ever—not even into park or neutral. Just turn the key, press the starter button, and go!
- Combined Braking System: Activate the rear brake, and CBS automatically adds front braking to help you stop.
- 22-Liter Underseat Storage: The Metropolitan features a large under-seat storage area big enough for a helmet, your books, or some groceries. The storage area features a lock for added security and is weather-resistant too.
- Programmed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI): The Metropolitan features a liquid-cooled 49cc four-stroke engine with fuel injection. It’s quiet, economical, and super reliable—everything you’d expect from a Honda.
- Instruments: A clean, stylish instrument panel is right in line with the Metropolitan’s smart design.
- Convenience Hook: A super easy way to hang a tote, grocery bag, or purse strap, the hook is big and easy to use.
- Engine Type: 49cc single-cylinder four-stroke
- Induction: PGM-FI with automatic enrichment
- Ignition: Full Transistorized Ignition
- Transmission: Automatic V-Matic belt drive
- Front Suspension: Telescopic; 2.7 in. travel
- Rear Suspension: Single shock; 2.3 in. travel
- Front Brake: Drum
- Rear Brake: Drum
- Front Tire: 80/100-10
- Rear Tire: 80/100-10
- Wheelbase: 46.5 in.
- Seat Height: 28.3 in.
- Curb Weight: 179 lb. (Includes all standard equipment, required fluids and a full tank of fuel ready to ride)
- Fuel Capacity: 1.2 gal.
- Miles Per Gallon: 117 MPG*
- Available Colors: Denim Blue Metallic, Pearl Soft Beige
- Model ID: NCW50
- One Year: Transferable limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan
- Engine Type
- Single-cylinder four-stroke
- Fuel System
- PGM-FI with automatic enrichment
- Full Transistorized Ignition
- Automatic V-Matic belt drive
- Front Suspension
- Telescopic; 2.7 in. travel
- Front Brakes
- Front Tire
- Rear Suspension
- Single shock; 2.3 in. travel
- Rear Brakes
- Rear Tire
- Curb Weight
- 179 lb.
- Seat Height
- 28.3 in.
- 46.5 in.
- Fuel Capacity
- 1.2 gal.
- Denim Blue Metallic, Pearl Soft Beige
- One year transferable limited warranty; extended coverage available with a Honda Protection Plan