Inventory Unit Detail
2017 Honda CB 500X ABS
Call for Price
Don’t wait for adventure to find you.
You know that old saying? Life is what happens as you’re making plans? It’s the same thing with adventure. Hey, we all have to work. We all have bills to pay. But ever notice how some folks manage to squeeze a whole lotta fun in regardless? Like the folks who ride motorcycles—especially bikes like the Honda CB500X.
There are lots of great bikes in Honda’s 2017 lineup, but the CB500X is one of our favorites. Why? Because it does so much so well. You get plenty of performance, thanks to the torquey 471cc parallel-twin DOHC engine. The CB500X’s upright handlebar naturally accommodates a wide variety of riders. Heading out on a longer trip? You can adjust the compact windscreen to varying heights, and the larger-capacity fuel tank is carefully shaped to give the rider an unrestricted riding position. Best of all, you don’t have to save up for 20 years to afford one. So while those other guys and gals are saving and planning, you can be out riding.
Powerful, Dependable Twin-Cylinder Engine: Displacing 471cc, liquid-cooled and featuring parallel cylinders with dual overhead cams, the CB500X’s powerplant is very efficient, especially with its performance-maximizing electronic Programmed Fuel Injection.
Ready For Adventure: The CB500X is designed to give you a great view of the road and plenty of room to shift your weight for control and maneuverability. Utilizing a classic upright riding position with a wide handlebar, taller seat and a tighter knees-in fuel tank design, you can maximize your feeling of oneness with the bike and the road.
Choose Your Accessories: With Honda Genuine Accessories, you can prepare yourself for whatever you might find down the road. Add hand guards, heated grips, lightbar, trunk, saddlebags and much more.
- LED Headlight: With a clean, rough-and-ready look, the CB500X’s LED headlight and multi-facet reflector project plenty of light on the road for visibility.
- Digital Instrumentation: An amber-tinted full LCD screen features digital speedometer and tachometer and more, including a clock, odometer, trip meter, real-time and average fuel consumption meters and illuminated engine diagnostic indicators.
- 12-Spoke Cast Wheels: Strong and stylish, the CB500X’s lightweight 12-spoke cast-aluminum wheels—120/70-17 in front and 160/60-17 rear—are easy to keep clean, look great, enhance handling and are another CB500X feature that just makes sense.
- Unique Style: Adventure doesn’t have to mean bottomless mud pits a continent away. Like your favorite blue jeans, the CB500X just looks right—tough, capable, no-nonsense. Plus, the adventure-bike posture and seating position let you move around freely—just like your jeans!
- Step Seat: The CB500X’s 32-inch seat height and unrestricted riding position offer freedom of movement for usage in both touring and commuting. You’ll find that it’s perfect for around-town riding and also offers plenty of room for a passenger.
- Steel-Tube Frame: A motorcycle’s frame is the basis for its handling. A take on a classic construction, the CB500X’s diamond-shaped steel-tube mainframe ties to the engine with four mounts, offering a rock-solid foundation for superior ride and handling.
- DOHC Twin Cylinder Engine: Honda twins are famous for their versatility, and the CB500X engine is one of our best ever. Using the same piston bore size as our CBR600RR sportbike, the parallel-twin engine offers accessible performance across all RPM ranges.
- Pro-Link® Rear Suspension: A sophisticated chassis with Honda Pro-Link® rear suspension, with 9-stage preload and 4.7 inches of travel gives you a comfortable ride over small bumps, while capably absorbing bigger bumps to increase riding comfort and handling.
- Lower Cowl: The CB500X is equipped with a lower cowl to help protect the exhaust pipe and engine from debris when riding on rough surfaces. Air intakes are incorporated into the design to provide effective cooling.
- Adjustable Windscreen: The CB500X’s windscreen offers superior wind protection, and is adjustable so you can fine-tune your cockpit environment.
- Long-Travel Front Suspension: The long stroke 41mm front fork yields a full 5.5 inches of travel, and a wide handlebar allows for easy steering inputs.
- Programmed Fuel-Injection (PGM-FI): Programmed Fuel Injection (PGM-FI) continuously monitors several variables to ensure the correct fuel mixture is delivered for the existing riding and atmospheric conditions for crisp throttle response throughout a wide variety of riding conditions.
- Disc Brakes: The front 320mm wave-style disc brake and 240mm rear provides strong stopping power.
- Engine Type: 471cc liquid-cooled parallel-twin
- Bore And Stroke: 67 mm x 66.8 mm
- Compression Ratio: 10.7:1
- Induction: PGM-FI with 34 mm throttle bodies
- Ignition: Computer-controlled digital transistorized with electronic advance
- Valve Train: DOHC; four valves per cylinder
- Transmission: Six-speed
- Final Drive: O-ring-sealed chain
- Front Suspension: 41 mm fork; 5.5 in. travel
- Rear Suspension: Pro-Link® single shock with nine-position spring preload adjustability; 4.7 in. travel
- Front Brake: Twin-piston caliper with single 320 mm wave disc; Combined ABS
- Rear Brake: Single caliper 240 mm wave disc; Combined ABS
- Front Tire: 120/70-17 radial
- Rear Tire: 160/60-17 radial
- Rake: 26.5 deg.
- Trail: 108 mm (4.25 in.)
- Wheelbase: 55.9 in.
- Seat Height: 31.8 in.
- Fuel Capacity: 4.6 gal.
- Model ID: CB500XA
- Emissions: Meets current EPA standards. Models sold in California meet current CARB standards and may differ slightly due to emissions equipment.
- Available Colors: Candy Rose Red
- Engine Type
- Bore and Stroke
- 67 mm x 66.8 mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- PGM-FI with 34 mm throttle bodies
- Computer-controlled digital transistorized with electronic advance
- Final Drive
- O-ring-sealed chain
- Front Suspension
- 41 mm fork; 5.5 in. travel
- Rear Suspension
- Pro-Link® single shock with nine-position spring preload adjustability; 4.7 in. travel
- Front Brakes
- Twin-piston caliper with single 320 mm wave disc; Combined ABS
- Rear Brakes
- Single caliper 240 mm wave disc; Combined ABS
- Front Tire
- 120/70-17 radial
- Rear Tire
- 160/60-17 radial
- 55.9 in.
- Seat Height
- 31.8 in.
- 26.5 deg.
- 108 mm (4.25 in.)
- Fuel Capacity
- 4.6 gal.
- Candy Rose Red